**EVENING MINIS IS NOW FULL FOR 2019** To be placed on the waiting list, please contact Dave Bell. There is still room in Evening Swim Team and in Morning Minis.
For families who cannot attend morning practices because of work/childcare conflicts, OKM offers evening practices that begin once school is out. For the first three weeks, children in Evening Swim attend the same after-school practices as the other swimmers and make a good connection with their teammates and the full coaching staff.
For the six weeks of the season that occur after school is out, Evening Swim offers three practices per week* at 6:30 p.m. on Sundays, Thursdays, and either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on pool availability (*there's one week with only 2 practices).
As with the regular team, the final week of practice after the July 22 B-Meet is only for swimmers who qualify for Divisionals. Evening Minis runs 5 weeks -- from June 16 - July 18. The full schedule is below.
Evening Swim does not provide as many practices as the morning schedule, and because it takes place when the pool is open, there are less lanes available and a smaller coaching staff. Thus, the standard morning program will provide a better opportunity for swimmers to develop, but we are pleased to offer Evening Swim for families who would otherwise not be able to participate. Children in Evening Swim are full members of the OKM team and compete in the same meets as the rest of the team – Monday evening “B” meets and, if they qualify, Saturday morning “A” meets. We had more than 30 swimmers in Evening Swim last summer!
A few additional notes on Evenings Swim:
- The Evening Swim Program is limited to swimmers aged 12-and-under at this time, but contact the Team Rep if you have an older swimmer who needs an evening schedule;
- Evening Minis will be capped in size (first come, first serve);
- Regular team swimmers in the morning program who have a conflict that causes them to miss morning practice may attend evening practices on a space-available basis (but we are NOT able to offer this flexibility to morning Minis);
- Swimmers in Evening Swim are always welcome to attend regular morning practices when they’re able – but swimmers are not allowed to attend both morning and evening practice in the same day.
2019 OKM Evening Swim & Evening Minis Practice Schedule
schedule is for swimmers signed up for Evening Program -- morning
swimmers from regular team may do make-up practices in evening on a
space-available basis; **We are NOT able to accommodate morning Minis
for evening make-up practices.
--Evening Minis Runs 5 weeks and ends July 18.
May 28-June 14:
- 5:30-6:15PM or 6:15-7:00PM Monday-Friday (with regular team)
June 16 –
July 25 – days will vary but time is always 6:30-7:30PM:
- June 16 (Sun), June 18 (Tues), June 20 (Thurs)
- June 23 (Sun), June 25 (Tues), June 27 (Thurs)
- July 30 (Sun), July 2 (Tues), July 3 (Wed)
- July 7 (Sun), July 11 (Thurs) (*Tues/Wed conflicts this week)
- July 14 (Sun), July 16 (Tues), July 18 (Thurs)
(Sun), **July 24 (Wed), **July 25 (Thurs)
- No Minis this final week
- ** The July 24 & 25 practices are only for swimmers who qualify for Divisionals